Farewell my Captain (and other Space Marines)

Well, I (like everyone else) knew this day would come.

Earlier this week, GW released the list of minis/units which were being shunted off to Legends and it wasn't as bad as I feared ... It was worse.


So, as was pretty much predicted, all of the first born were cut. For me, this meant the loss of the Tactical Squad and the Centurion Assault/Destroyer Squad. However, in a bit of a surprise (well, to no one but me apparently), the Suppressor Squad was cut (along with a load of other Primaris unit).



Now, all three of these units is particularly gutting to me as I actually liked them all, with my Tactical Squad being the first unit I had picked up nearly four and a half years ago.

However, the bitterest pill to swallow was the loss of Uriel Ventris to legends.

Farewell, my Captain!!

Having read (well, listened to) all of Graham McNeill's Ventris stories (ok, the first six), Uriel Ventris is amongst my favourite characters within the 40k universe (the others being Caiphus Cain and Trazyn the Infinite). I worked hard to get his mini, worked hard to paint his mini and had not even had a chance to use his special skill to import any unit anywhere on the battlefield (I was particularly eager to try his 'fastball special' move with the Centurion Squad until that got nerfed).

In the end, I get it. The Space Marines are a big faction and every so often, something has got to go. It just feels that between the Tactical, Centurions and Suppressors and then Uriel Ventris to cap it off, this seemed a little bit personal.

Still, not all is lost. Three quarters of these units can still be proxied officially like, with the Tactical Squad becoming Intercessors, the Suppressors becoming Inceptors and Ventris becoming just a regular Captain.

And it's not like I'm ever going to game professionally, so the Centurions are still fair game, much like my Attack Bike before it (another favourite of mine. I guess First Born were my thing, I just arrived too late to the party).

Anyway, I just figured I'd quickly rant about it in between projects.

Anyway, next up, starting Kurnoth's Heralds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10. Completing my Tactical Squad (Recess Shading & Highlighting)

The beginning of the Romulans

12. The Blood Angel