Painting Kurnoth's Heralds - Week 2

It's week two of working on Kurnoth's Heralds and, feeling I didn't get as far into the base colouring of these minis as I would have like, I decided to do my best at finishing off that first part of the painting process so that I wouldn't start feeling like it's a real slog.

So, picking up where I left off, I started with colouring the 'armour' (I mean is it Armour, or is it clothing?) with Khorne Red before then moving on to to the hair, where I used a small dab of Khorne along with Cadian Fleshtone and a larger dollop of Troll Slayer Orange (roughly a 1:1:3 mix).

Next up came the metals as I applied Retributor Armour to the Armour edges as well Kurnoth's 'harness' (the thing around his waist. I guess you could call it a harness) and portions of all three's helmets. Then I applied Leadbelcher to the weapon blades along with the remaining parts of the helmets and Armour.


Then I moved onto the bases, where I used Catachan Fleshtone for the mud and Mechanicus Standard Grey for the stones (deciding to leave the flowers until after everything else was done), before finishing off the minis overall by applying Corax White on some of the fur/manes and then, finally Waaagh! Flesh for the various emeralds on all three characters.
Well, I say finally, when really, I only finished the week by touching up the paint works of both the Abaddon Black and Rakarth Flesh.

So, now Kurnoth's Heralds are ready for their washes and then their highlights. I have to admit, spending two weeks just applying the base coats has felt a little bit like a chore by the end. However, with that now done, hopefully the work to get them finish will flow a little easier.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10. Completing my Tactical Squad (Recess Shading & Highlighting)

The beginning of the Romulans

11. Suppressors: Completing Strike Team Solarien (Sort of)